The sole purpose of a website is to generate profit through offering valuable information. If you want your site to be successful in these goals, then you should bear in mind the following points:
- Your site must load quickly because visitors will leave if it loads slowly. Unless your site has the incredibly valuable information that other websites don’t have, you shouldn’t expect that a visitor will spend a minute to wait for your site to load. Even if your site has valuable information, visitors won’t know it if they abandon the site early.
- Your site should have a good navigation. People hate struggling to find their way around websites. If they can’t easily find what they want, they’ll leave.
- You have to describe everything about your business or services on your site.
- Your contact details should be readily available.
- Be direct with your contents. Your website should not look overloaded with useless details.
- Be consistent with your website’s color theme. You should use a maximum of three colors for the layout, unless you want your site to look like a rainbow.
- Use font styles that are inviting and good for reading. Too big and too small texts are not advisable.